AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: The links used on this page may be “affiliate links”, which means that we receive a commission if the link is clicked and action is taken. We only recommend products or services that are high quality, tested and approved. Our commission comes at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read our full FTC disclosure.
In this Chat GPT 4 tutorial, we are going to show you how to easily install Plugins for Chat GPT 4. These Plugins can enhance and extend the functionality of Chat GPT 4 in amazing ways!
Keep in mind that only Chat GPT “Plus” members have the ability to install Plugins (at this time). Also, you should know that these Plugins are all created by 3rd party companies, and that some of them can access your chat conversations and history.
If you ever experience any issues with Chat GPT while you have a Plugin installed, try uninstalling the Plugin to see if that fixes the issue. As always, notify support with anything that goes wrong inside your account.
As you go through this video, you will learn how to “activate” Plugins in settings, how to access the Chat GPT 4 “Plugin Store”, and how to install, or remove, any Plugins from the Plugin Store.
HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS
To get started, log in to your chat GPT account.
In order for us to install plugins, we first need to go in to our “Settings”.
- Click on the menu button with the 3 horizontal dots.
- Click on “Settings” from the menu options.
- Click on “Beta Features”, inside the “Settings” pop-up window.
- Where it says “Plugins”, use the toggle switch to activate the ability for us to install plugins in our account.
- Click on the X to close out of the Settings pop-up window.
- Click on GPT 4, and then select “Plugins Beta” from the drop down menu.
Since this is a beta program, if you experience any issues, let the Open AI support team know.
- Click on the button that says “No Plugins Enabled”, then click on the button that says “Plugin store”.
- This will open up the Plugin Store pop-up window.
- As soon as we enter the Plugin Store, we will start on the “Popular” tab.
This tab will show a list of the most popular plugins.
Let’s install a plugin called “Prompt Perfect”.
Click on the “Install” button, and it will immediately begin installing the plugin.
It should only take a few seconds.
After installing the plugin, a new tab will appear called “Installed”.
When you click on the “Installed” tab, you will see a list of all the plugins installed to your Chat GPT account.
If you want to remove a Plugin, all you have to do is click on the “Uninstall” button, and within a few moments the Plugin will be removed from your account.
Removing a Plugin might be necessary if you are experiencing issues, or start to receive errors, as you are working inside of Chat GPT.
When you are done working inside the “Plugin Store”, click on the “X” to close out of the pop-up window.
Alright, that’s all for now!